The information listed here is intended to be a guide when preparing a plat for filing with Denton County.
Plats submitted for filing should contain all of the signatures except the City signatures- Planning and Zoning Commission Chairman and City Secretary. The following is required when submitting a plat for filing:
- Signed and sealed original copies of all applicable tax certificates from the Denton County Tax Assessor’s Office. Please note the Denton County Clerk will not accept plats for which the tax certificates show delinquent taxes.
- Plat copies:
- 1 mylars and 3 blue line copies of the approved plat all with original seals and
- Plat size must be no larger or smaller than 24 ”X 36 ”.
- Any additional copies the developer requires.
- Fees- Please check with Denton County Clerk’s Office regarding the updated fee schedule for filling plats. The Denton County Clerk's Office does not accept personal checks.
Upon your submittal, staff will obtain the city signatures and file the plat. If extra copies have been included with the submission and the appropriate fees, staff will contact the key contact listed on the final plat application upon filing to pick-up the remaining copies.
Please contact Mohamed Bireima, Senior Planner at 972-624-3162 if you have any questions.